Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Cubs vs Bucs at PNC Park

May 22 2013 Well, first off this was my first trip to Pittsburgh. We drove from my aunt and uncles house from Connecticutt. I did not realize how long a state Pennsylvania is. It very green, lots of hills and overall a very pretty state. But did not realize how long of a state it is. Oh well. So before I get into the game I'll talk about the ballpark. What a fantastic park! This is the 9th ballpark/stadium I've been to. So far I think this one ranks near or at the top. First off you park across the Allegheny River. Parking was only 5 bucks! Then you walk over the Roberto Clement Bridge which they close to for people to walk across on game days. Once your across the ballpark opened hour and a half before game time. I walked in there the mail enterence behind home plate. Walking up to the grandstand is a fantastic view of the ballpark with the Pittsburgh skyline from left center to the foul pole in right. After that I went to explore the ballpark and its features. I will say the staff and people at PNC Park could likely be some the most nice people I've ever met! Everyone was real welcoming, asking how my day was... so on and so on. You don't get that in Yankee Stadium. lol. So just walking around the ballpark the sight lines are fantastic. Where ever you go you got a great view of home plate and the entire field. I walked up to the 2nd deck. Fantastic View! Wow! Its even better then I saw in the pictures I saw online. Now it had been raining off and on through out the day. I was confident that the game would go on as scheduled but I was a little nervous about a possible delay. There was a delay to start the game but it was only 10-15 minutes. As far as our seats were. Great Seats! In the lower bowl section. Right above the dug out. Only 35 bucks! Wow! So not a bid deal. Now the Pirates are playing the Cubs. Interesting pitching matchup. Former Twins fireballer Francisco Liriano was the starter for them. Nice pick up for them. He was coming off arm surgery last year. He threw a no hitter a few years back. For the Cubs was there opening day starter Jeff Samardzija. Pittsburgh got on board in the bottom of the 1st on a 2 out double by Garret Jones. That scored Andrew McCutchen. And that was it for scoring in the game. Both pitchers brought their best stuff. Liriano pitched 7 innings only allowing 2 hits 0 runs 1 walk 9 k's. Former Sox right hander Mark Melancon got the save in the 9th. Samardzija was just as good. 7 innings 3 hits 1 run 1 walk 8 k's. Tough loss for the former Notre Dame quarterback. Overall great visit to Pittsburgh would love to go back for another game. Perhaps when the Red Sox come back in interleague. Definetly would like to see more of the city too next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment