Sunday, September 1, 2013

Watching the Sea Dogs in style!

July 27, 2013 Well little back story first. A while back when I was going to get tickets for the "Futures at Fenway" game. I decided to wait and get tickets. So I waited and waited. One day I saw online that tickets for the EMC Level were available. It was 30 bucks. So I jumped on it. It was just me going to this one. Now I thought I was going to sit in the old "600 club" at Fenway. That was not the case. I got to Fenway, went inside. I saw the sign that said EMC Level. So I walked up the ramp, saw the gentleman at that top showed him my ticket. He said last door on the left. So walked down the hallway opened the door. I walked in and what did I see?! I walked in saw a beautiful furnished room with drinks, food and a private bathroom. I quickly realised that I was in a private skybox at Fenway. Holy Cow!!!! I had to check 3 times to make sure I was in the right location. Sure enough it matched what it said on my ticket. I couldnt believe it! Once I realized this is where I was suppose to be, I stepped outside and saw the most increadible view of Fenway I've ever seen in person. Just fantastic!
So I grabbled and lemonade from the cooler and couple of slices of pizza that they dropped off and went outside to my seat in the skybox above the 3rd base dugout. ( I also didn't dare to leave fearing they wouldn't let me back in) But there was a baseball game to be played of corse. The Sea Dogs were the home team playing the Harrisburg Senators. Keith Couch was the lucky starter for Portland pitching at Fenway that afternoon. Senators leadoff hitter hit a leadoff triple to rightfield. He would later score on a sac fly. Couch showed some jitters in the 2nd walking two. One would score to give the Senators a 2-0 lead. The Sea Dogs answered in the bottom of the second scoring 3 runs. Hieker Meneses hit a double off the monster to give the Sea Dogs a 3-2 lead. Keith Couch would settle down. He pitched scoreless ball through the 7th inning. Back on the offensive side of the game for Portland, first baseman Travis Shaw got a little taste of what its like going yard at the Fens. 4th inning he it an inside fastball into the bullpen in right field. You know that had to be a big thrill for him. Turns out he was just a tripe shy of hitting for the cycle. He singled in the 2nd, homered in the 4th and doubled in the 6th. His last at bat in the 8th he struck out. I'm sure it was on his mind. So after two and a half hours the Sea Dogs prevailed with a 5-2 win. Few other notes about being in the skybox. As I was sitting up in there watching the game, I looked over to my right. Who did I see but Dwight Evans! Holy cow! Never been that close to a Red Sox hall of famer. But what a day overall. Probley the highlight of my summer. This is something definetly going to have to look into next year to to again. Next time I'll have to bring a crowd with me. (Fingers crossed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment